Current information on coronavirus
Coronavirus vaccination information
Book online for COVID-19 vaccination even if you do not have bank codes for strong authentication.
More information about online bookings (myintegration -website).
Vaccination is optional and free of charge.
More information in Finnish here.
What to do if you suspect that you have contracted coronavirus
- If you have symptoms, stay home and prevent others from getting infected.
- Do self-assessment Omaolo test to check if you might have contracted the coronavirus
- If you can´t use the online service, call your health center.
- If your condition worsens or you need advice on treatment, call your health center on weekdays from 8 am to 3 pm. In the evenings or at weekends you can contact the emergency department of Central Hospital of Kanta-Häme number 116 117.
If you know Finnish language, please, follow also Current information on coronavirus website.
The City of Hämeenlinna distributes face masks at the city’s service points. The masks are only available at the city’s service points, that is, you cannot get them at health centers.
Health care centers
- Visit only if you are healthy.
- If you have symptoms, book an appointment prior to coming.
- Call your health center on weekdays 8 am – 3 pm or use the online service.
- Do a self-assessment test at Omaolo-service.
- Appointments to laboratories and X-ray examinations can be made as before.
- Dental healthcare works normally.
- Health advice for immigrants
- Health clinics in Hämeenlinna
Services for the elderly
The City Services work daily. Information and guidance is available on the phone on weekdays, 9-15.
Kanta-Häme social emergency helpline tel. 03 6217100 24/7.
Services for the disabled if only possible services are organized at homes.
Services for the disabled
Disabled people often belong to risk groups. In general it is recommended that the disabled receive necessary services at their homes. Read more information in Finnish here.
Maternity and child care guidance (neuvola)
Please visit your clinic only if you are healthy. Both parents can come for a visit with their child. If possible come without child´s siblings.
Family services are available normally. Contact information you can find in the link in Finnish.
Schools and early education
In order to prevent infections, it is important that everyone continues to take good care of hand hygiene.
- Coronavirus safety measures at schools and in early childhood education
- Правила для школ и учреждений дошкольного воспитания в связи с эпидемией коронавируса
- Hagitaanka koronaha ee ku socda dugsiyada iyo xanaanooyinka
- رشادات کورونا للمدارس وتعليم مرحلة الطفولة المبكرة
Libraries in Hämeenlinna are open. More information on Vanamo-library online service (in Finnish).
Museums and events
The indoor swimming pools in Hämeenlinna and Lammi are open normally. Current information of the Hämeenlinna Sport Halls – website
Kastelli-service point for residents, is open from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 4 pm. More information in Finnish here.
Immigration info in Kastelli is open.
Refugees’ reception info point in Kastelli is open.
Guidelines for commuters to prevent the spread of infections in public transport:
- Use face masks.
- Pay by Waltti-card or mobile app.
- Do not sit right behind the driver. Leave the first line of seats empty.
- Remember to keep the safety distance.
- If you have the flu, stay home. Do not travel by bus sick.
- Cough or sneeze into a paper towel or sleeve.
- Do not touch your face or shake hands.
- Remember about hand hygiene.
More information Coronavirus and public transport in Finnish.