Current information on coronavirus
The City of Hämeenlinna has decided to boost preparedness, follows the situation actively and makes new decisions on the coronavirus situation. The decisions are based on current knowledge and national policy guidelines.
This page consists of information available on www.hameenlinna.fi/koronavirus and is translated into English.
What to do if you suspect that you have contracted coronavirus
- If you have mild symptoms, stay home and prevent others from getting infected.
- Do self-assessment Omaolo test to check if you might have contracted the coronavirus.
- If your condition worsens or you need advice on treatment, call your health center on weekdays from 8 to 15. In the evenings or at weekends you can contact the emergency department of Central Hospital of Kanta-Häme.
- A national telephone service at the number 0295 535 535 gives general information and advice on the coronavirus on weekdays 8-21 and Saturdays 9-15.
- Additionally, a chat service has been opened and it offers general information on the corona-situation. The chat is open on weekdays 8- 21 and on Saturdays 9-15. The service is primarily available in Finnish and, where possible, also in Swedish and English
Dental healthcare – urgent appointments are made, non-urgent appointments will resume during the summer time. Please, cancel your appointment if you have symptoms of the flue or corona virus.
Telephone helpline of the Hämeenlinna Social Services, tel. 03 621 3303, is open from Monday to Friday 9-16. You can also always notify of your need for assistance electronically.
Kanta-Häme social emergency helpline tel. 03 6217100 24/7.
Services for the disabled if only possible services are organized at homes.
Maternity and child care services are open both parents can come for the visit. Please remember to come healthy.
Services for the children, the youth and families are open and ready to help.
Education and welfare
Summer holidays started on 30.5.2020. The City of Hämeenlinna wishes all pupils and students happy summer holidays.
Early education and pre-school education reopened on 14.5.2020. More information here.
Services for the Youth
Services for the Youth are only available online for the time being. You can find profiles of workers, places and Ohjaamo in social media as well as on the staff website.
Partnership House (Kumppanuustalo) is closed.
Aimo school will be opened on 14.5.2020
Children Cultural Center ARX will be opened on 1.6.2020
Events at Verkatehdas are canceled until 13.5.2020.
The Hämeenlinna Theatre cancels all spring 2020 performances.
Current information of the Hämeenlinna Sport Halls – website.
City Hall is closed.
City administration services and construction supervision services operate on the phone and electronically.
The urban services in Wetteri 3rd floor are closed for customers until 14.8.2020.
The urban services and construction supervision services operate on the phone and electronically. Customer service on the phone: 03 621 2310 from Monday to Friday, 9-15. Emails can be addressed at email@example.com. Documents can be delivered to Kastelli service point.
Current information and how the situation with coronavirus affects the public transportation in Hämeenlinna region can be found on the public transportation website.