Social and health services
The health and social and services will be transferred from the City of Hämeenlinna to the Wellbeing services county of Kanta-Häme on January 1st, 2023.
The responsibility for organising health, social and rescue services will be transferred from municipalities to wellbeing services counties from the beginning of 2023. In Kanta-Häme region, the reform concerns the municipalities of Forssa, Hausjärvi, Hattula, Humppila, Hämeenlinna, Janakkala, Jokioinen, Loppi, Riihimäki, Tammela and Ypäjä.
From January 1st, 2023 the Wellbeing services county of Kanta-Häme will be organizing all the health, social and rescue services for all the residents of the Kanta-Häme region. The Wellbeing services county of Kanta-Häme will be formed by 11 counties of Kanta-Häme region.
The Wellbeing services county is responsible for health and social services such as
- Health centre services
- Child and student health services
- Social services for families with children
- Child welfare
- Social welfare
- Dental care
- Home care and housing services for older people
- Services for people with disabilities
- Specialised healthcare
For the time being, the residents of Hämeenlinna will find their social, health and rescue services from the same service points as before. The phone numbers of the services and departments stay the same, but the e-mail addresses will change to email@example.com.
The customer fees have been unified throughout the Wellbeing services county, so that the residents of the whole county are in an equal position. The customer fees will change starting from January 1st, 2023.
The official website of the Wellbeing services county of Kanta-Häme.
You are entitled to use public health services in Finland if you have a municipality of residence (kotikunta) in Finland
The right to a municipality of residence depends on the following matters:
- the country from which you have come to Finland
- your reason for coming to Finland (e.g. work, studying)
- whether you are moving to Finland permanently or staying here temporarily
- if you are staying in Finland temporarily, the length of your stay in Finland
If you are unsure whether you have a municipality of residence in Finland, find out at the Digital and Population Data Services Agency.
If you fall ill, first contact your own health centre (terveysasema) where you can make an appointment with a general practitioner or nurse. Services at Oma Häme.
Phone contacts at health centres are operated with call-back service. Service is open daily from 8 am to 6 pm. Currently we focus on urgent cases.
During call use following options to choose the right service:
- Cancellation of appointment – 1 (yksi)
- Care need estimation from nurse – 2 (kaksi)
- Postponing appointment – 3 (kolme)
- Renewal for prescription – 4 (neljä)
First aid and urgent medical care
Acute illnesses and injuries that cannot wait for treatment by your own health centre are treated at the emergency department of Kanta-Häme Central Hospital (Ahvenistontie 20).
In life-threatening situations, you must call the Emergency Response Centre. Number for emergencies in Finland: 112. Emergency services dispatch the police, fire services and paramedics. Help is available in Finnish, Swedish and English.
More information is available at www.112.fi.
Dental Clinics in Hämeenlinna
Oral health care services are provided at seven dental clinics within the area of the city of Hämeenlinna.
Tel. +358 40 621 1169
If you need interpretation services to make an appointment:
- Send a text message to the number below.
- Type the name of your language in the message. For example, if your native language is English, type ENGLANTI.
- If you have toothache, also type the word SÄRKY (ache) in the message.
- The dental clinic will call you back on weekdays between 8 and 15 with an interpreter speaking your native language.
The city’s social services can advise you in difficult life situations when
- you need advice and information on services and benefits
- in times of conflict in your family life
- you need advice and help on educational issues
- you need to make a child support and maintenance agreement
- a child, young person or family is in need of help
- your economic situation has become difficult
- you need help with a substance abuse issue
- for special reasons, you need help and support in arranging your apartment/living situation
Contact details for the services provided in different municipalities can be found on
the website of the Kanta-Häme wellbeing services county at www.omahame.fi/palvelumme
If you need help finding the right social service, please contact multilingual service
Social assistance is applied from Kela.
City services in different languages
For immigrant services, the myintegration.fi-website is available in Finnish, Russian, English, Arabic and Somali.
In addition, The Immigration Information Centre at the service point in Kastelli (Wetterhoffinkatu 2) provides guidance in various languages on weekdays.
Multilingual service counselling
Multilingual service counselling answers questions related to the services provided by the wellbeing services county on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 to 12. Multilingual service counselling can assist you in finding the right service or making an appointment.
Service counselling is provided in Finnish, English and Russian. Telephone interpretation is provided for customers speaking other languages. Service counselling does not assess the need for treatment or services. Phone number for service counselling: +358 40 646 3733
Calls are answered on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 to 12. The number is unavailable during mid-week holidays.