Social and health services
What to do if you suspect that you have contracted coronavirus
- If you have mild symptoms, stay home and prevent others from getting infected.
- Do self-assesment if you contacted coronavirus in the Omaolo electronic service. You will get instructions how to do the test on the Omaolo website here. The service is available in Finnish.
- If your condition worsens or you need advice on treatment, call your health center on weekdays from 8 to 15. In the evenings or at weekends you can contact the emergency department of Central Hospital of Kanta-Häme.
- A national telephone service at the number 0295 535 535 gives general information and advice on the coronavirus on weekdays 8-21 and Saturdays 9-15.
- Additionally, a chat service has been opened and it offers general information on the corona-situation. The chat is open on weekdays 8-21 and on Saturdays 9-15. The service is primarily available in Finnish and, where possible, also in Swedish and English.
You are entitled to use public health services in Finland if you have a municipality of residence (kotikunta) in Finland.
The right to a municipality of residence depends on the following matters:
- the country from which you have come to Finland
- your reason for coming to Finland (e.g. work, studying)
- whether you are moving to Finland permanently or staying here temporarily
- if you are staying in Finland temporarily, the length of your stay in Finland
If you are unsure whether you have a municipality of residence in Finland, find out at the Local Register Office (maistraatti).
If you fall ill, first contact your own health centre (terveysasema) where you can make an appointment with a general practitioner or nurse.
In the Hämeenlinna city area we provide services at eight health centres. The health centres are open from 8 am to 3 pm on working days (Monday-Friday).
Phone contacts at health centres are operated with call-back service. Service is open daily from 8 am to 6 pm. Currently we focus on urgent cases.
During call use following options to choose the right service:
Cancellation of appointment – 1 (yksi)
Care need estimation from nurse – 2 (kaksi)
Postponing appointment – 3 (kolme)
Renewal for prescription – 4 (neljä)
Hauho Health Station
+358 3 621 9140
Idänpää Health Station
+358 3 621 9145
Jukola Health Station
+358 3 621 9150
Kalvola Health Station
+358 3 621 9160
Lammi Health Station
+358 3 621 9130
Ojoinen Health Station
+358 3 621 9170
Renko Health Station
+358 3 621 9175
Viipurintie Health Station (Central Health Station)
Contact information according to your family name initials:
+358 3 621 9185
1st floor, E-wing (left aisle)
+358 3 621 9165
2nd floor, E-wing (left aisle behind lounge)
+358 3 621 9881
ground floor, G-wing (aisle straight after elevators)
First aid and urgent medical care
Acute illnesses and injuries that cannot wait for treatment by your own health centre are treated at the emergency department of Kanta-Häme Central Hospital (Ahvenistontie 20).
In life-threatening situations, you must call the Emergency Response Centre. Number for emergencies in Finland: 112
Emergency services dispatch the police, fire services and paramedics. Help is available in Finnish, Swedish and English.
More information is available at www.112.fi.
Dental Clinics in Hämeenlinna
Oral health care services are provided at seven dental clinics within the area of the city of Hämeenlinna.
You can reserve an appointment through a centralised appointment reservation by calling +358 3 6219100 on working days between 7.45 am and 3.30 pm (the recorded message is only in Finnish).
The city’s social services can advise you in difficult life situations when
- you need advice and information on services and benefits
- in times of conflict in your family life
- you need advice and help on educational issues
- you need to make a child support and maintenance agreement
- a child, young person or family is in need of help
- your economic situation has become difficult
- you need help with a substance abuse issue
- for special reasons, you need help and support in arranging your apartment/living situation
- in civil and criminal matters, please contact the Mediation Office of Kanta-Häme
Social assistance is applied from Kela.
The city’s social services consultation centre operates in the Kela’s office (Rauhankatu 1) and is open on
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays between 9 am and 12 am + between 1 pm and 4 pm
- Tuesdays between 9 am and 12 am + between 1 pm and 1.45 pm
For immigrant services, the myintegration.fi-website is available in Finnish, Russian, English, Arabic and Somali. In addition, the immigration and refugee information centre at the service point in Kastelli (Wetterhoffinkatu 2) provides guidance in various languages on weekdays.