Welcome to Hämeenlinna
Hämeenlinna has had plenty of practice over the centuries to make itself a real treasure, both for adventurers and for those who simply want to relax and enjoy everything the region has to offer.
This includes its impressive castles, charming attractions and fascinating museums, in addition to its birdsong, the crunch of white snow under your step and unforgettably beautiful landscapes: for example, Aulanko’s forest parkland, the Evo hiking area and The National Urban Park.
Hämeenlinna’s well-known, popular places to visit should also be on your own list: the mediaeval castle, comprehensive Verkatehdas Arts & Congress Centre, and easy-going Aulanko Spa. If you’re a friend of cultural history, the area’s splendid churches, museums and galleries are well-worth going to see.
The famous Finnish composer Jean Sibelius was born in Hämeenlinna.
Service Points of the City of Hämeenlinna
The City of Hämeenlinna operates service points where you can get information in one place about the services of the city’s organisation as well as applications and leaflets.
There are six service points: the Kastelli service point at the center of the city and five branch service points which are situated in the branch libraries. The staff members also provide assistance in filling in forms, if needed.
Main services of the service points:
- Information and advice on the city’s services and accommodation
- Rental of the city’s premises
- Regional brochures and maps
- Submission of documents and applications to the city
- Fishing permits for the central Hämeenlinna area and mooring births for boats
- City’s cashier counter services (payments to the city, the utility companies Hämeenlinnan Seudun Vesi Oy and Hämeenlinnan Terveyspalvelut – handling fee 5€ / invoice)
- Official announcement board of the city