Aimokoulu in English
Aimo School Of Visual Arts is art school for children and young people. It was founded in 1986 and has more than 400 students.
Aimokoulu is located in Hämeenlinna, 100 km from Helsinki, capital of Finland.
In Aimokoulu children come to study arts and crafts once ore twice a week after their school day. Teaching is based on local curriculum which is formed on the base of national core curriculum.
- Excellent ideas – oivallisia oivalluksia
- Good skills – kelpo kykyjä
- True statements – todellisia toteamuksia
- Real experiences – aitoja kokemuksia
- Continuous thoughts – alituisia ajatuksia
- Permanent basic education of art – vakituista taiteen perusopetusta
You can find out more about the basic art education from The Finnish Association of Art Schools for Children and Young People, which is an umbrella organisation for art schools for children and young people.